Radio 1 News have intercepted a release from the camp of the National Chairman aspirant for the opposition National Democratic Congress, NDC in the person of Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo which denies allegations levelled against their hard-working aspirant and demand the general public particularly the NDC faithfuls to regard the allegations as palpable lies and an attempt to dent the reputation of the hard working stalwart.
Below is the exact release from the camp of Team Vote Ofosu-Ampofo;
- Though we had originally decided not to comment on the above subject making rounds on some social media platforms, it has become necessary to respond to the falsehood purported to be authored by one Kweku Mensah Addo, who deceitfully claims to come from Tema West Constituency.
- It is obvious that the said author, Kweku Mensah Addo, is an imposter, fake and a coward since there is no such person in Tema West NDC as Kweku Mensah Addo. The closely related name in Tema West NDC is Kweku Mensah AKUNOOR, Lutheran 1B Branch Youth Organiser, yet the latter has vehemently written to distant himself from the detestable publication. Hence, the identity and credibility of the writer of the above titled write-up is flawed. The deployment of fake identity and non-existing phone contact is a clear case of cowardice, misrepresentation and impersonation, which must NOT be entertained.
- The claim that Hon Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo was not attending IPAC meeting is highly fallacious because if the ‘fake’ writer had done even a cursory check at the Office of the Electoral Commission (EC), the IPAC attendance book would have shown that Hon Samuel Ofosu- Ampofo is the longest serving party representative at IPAC and at the same time the most punctual with rich political and electoral management experience. For the records, except the recently NDC’s general boycott of IPAC meeting, organized by the newly appointed new EC, Ms Jean Mensa, the NDC has been represented by Hon Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo for the past 16 years with 100% attendance rate; with no absenteeism. As a matter of fact, if the EC is to reward punctuality and depth of contribution to IPAC meetings, it will definitely not elude the hardworking Hon Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, the NDC’s anointed incoming National Chairman.
- It is also factually inaccurate that the NDC’s polling agents during 2016 didn’t go through any form of training and were ill-treated in any shape or form.
- The fake writer, with his gibberish piece, obviously displayed much ignorance by confirming that he is even unaware of the state of knowledge within the NDC. This is because the feeble propaganda of “NDC Not Collating 2016 Elections Results”, which obviously targeted Hon Ofosu-Ampofo, has been refuted/demystified by the National Election Directorate of the NDC, and many other well-meaning NDC stalwarts who were one way or the other concerned with 2016 results collation. The revelation of 11th Oct. 2018 press conference by the National Election Directorate, chaired by its Ag. Chariman, Hon. Bede Ziedeng, with the full complement of the Election Directorate was informative. In addition, Mr Ofosu-Ampofo on various platforms and throughout all his campaign tour has shown a hardcopy of the collated 2016 results (by the National Election Directorate) to debunk the cheap propaganda of not collating 2016 results.
- TEAM VOA remain resolute and focus and CANNOT be distracted by any pitiable propaganda by feeble minds with no identity.
- We entreat all delegates not to rest on their oars but continue to support HON SAMUEL OFOSU-AMPOFO for the National Chairman position since he is “The Experience Hand We Know”
- It is obvious that the message of hope from Team VOA (vote Ofosu-Ampofo) which hinges on Revive, Restore, & Recapture is resonating well with all NDC delegates. Insha Allah! Hon Ofosu-Ampofo will be crowned the next National Chairman of the NDC come 17th November 2018 by delegates.
- Thank you.
2nd on the ballot; 2 sure 2 direct